1. Elon Musk was born in South Africa to a Canadian mother, and a South African father.
2. He started his first business at the age of 12 when he sold software he created called Blastar for $500.
3. He did several jobs during school days, including being a cleaner at a lumber mill for $18 an hour.
4. He started 1st company Zip2 at the age of 24, which was acquired by Compaq for $307 million.
5. He merged his company x.com with Confinity in 2000, which became PayPal in 2001.
6. In 2002, he founded SpaceX. It developed Starlink constellation to provide satellite Internet access.
7. In 2004, Elon Musk joined Tesla Motors. He later went on to act as chairman and CEO.
8. In 2006, Elon Musk helped create SolarCity, and renamed it as Tesla Energy in 2016.
9. In 2015, Elon Musk co-founded OpenAI, focused on artificial intelligence.
10. In 2016, Musk co-founded Neuralink, aims to integrate the human brain with artificial intelligence
11. He also co-founded the Boring Company, a tunnel construction company to reduce traffic congestion by building a network of underground tunnels.